Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Blast For Peace 2010

I am reposting this haiku as my contribution to Blog Blast For Peace 2010. I wrote it for International Peace Day in September and have added it to a Peace Globe background provided by the amazing Mimi of 'Mimi Writes'.

.

Mimi is the founder and host of 'Blog Blast for Peace', a movement designed to promote peace throughout the world. Please, please stop by her site and add your voice to the many who advocate an end to war and an embracing of equality for all!
.

On this hope-filled day we come together from all over the world to offer up a prayer that peace will prevail, and to make a promise to the children of the world that we will dedicate ourselves to attaining that end, no matter what it takes. They deserve no less from us.....
.

November 4, 2010
.
To those of my readers who have taken the time to comment on this post, you have my heartfelt thanks. I have discovered that the blogging community is a network of caring, creative souls who make a difference in each other's lives. It is the insight, intelligence and generosity of so many that make me know true peace is possible...
.

My original post of this haiku with additional photos is at the link below for those who would like to read more...
.

http://theimaginativetraveler.blogspot.com/2010/09/international-peace-day-2010.html
.

28 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful, and universal, Lynette - and thanks for the boost for Mimi's site........I so love your peace globe, with the adorable loving children and your hands over the little boy's heart "that knows only the colour of love". You said it all so simply and beautifully. And perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....let is all see that color....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...love the Haiku and especially, as I've stated before, the beautiful images on the globe. Thank you so much for spreading the word. I am very excited about November 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a universal wish. There has to be another way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, love this, love this every time I see it, so I have to keep coming back to see it. In three lines you have captured the entire essence of the human condition. Beautiful and powerful image that touches hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is an awesome haiku, color of love is all that matters, or should matter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is priceless. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful and thanks for sharing!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynette, your unique perspective has allowed you to focus on a different spectrum as usual, take care,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette,
    universal and so well written!

    Sorry for the delay in commenting. I have been away for the weekend in Somerset. I am at home sometimes!!!!
    Thank you for your lovely comments left at my poem!
    Best wishes
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautifully woven; I love it~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your post, the words ring so true. Thanks so much for blog hopping over my way today. May peace follow you today and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a placid peace post -- not a lot of flash, just quietly meaningful substance. Thanks for the moment of reflection -- important on a day like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both perfect photos and haikus for this day. They both move me every time I read them. So profoundly wise and true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Peace Globe and Gentle Jade Buddha. Wishing you peace from Canada's other coast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Children have done nothing to deserve to live in abject poverty other than to have the misfortune to be born into it. Your post reminds me that we need to do what we can for those less fortunate than ourselves, otherwise we simply allow such conditions to perpetuate.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post, Lynette

    I wish you peace and happiness

    ReplyDelete
  18. really really beautiful....so touching...and so creative...love haiku...thank you for coming by watergatesummer too...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your peace post is now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite

    ReplyDelete
  20. This wonderful contribution has been placed in the Official Peace Globe Gallery as #1761.
    Thank you for making us think and holding a clear vision of reality - and the hope that is in all of us.
    Mimi Lenox

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad your travels have brought you to my little corner of blogland! I'm Lynette and I'm interested to know where you've been and what you think...